Thursday, April 5, 2012

Working on it!

I continue to share information that I have found useful while trying to build a workout for myself. I am a dance cardio junkie and very lazy when it comes to strength/ resistance training. But I know if I really want to loose weight and keep the weight off,  I need to get serious about incorporating regular resistance training into my routine. I am now more motiviated than ever since I have been teaching Zumba. Basically because there are other fitness formats I would like to get into and teach but I don't feel like I can represent them properly if I am not at my fittest and an example to others.



 Yesterday I felt happy that I accomplished my strength training goal by working my complete body. I woke up this morning and my backside was sore. Ouch!!! I guess I did something  right. The pain feels good. Make sure when you do strength training you let 1-2 days go by to let your muscles recover, post workout shake. I do at least 10-15  minutes of cardio beforehand to warm the muscles and stretch afterwards. Its also a good idea within 2 hours of doing weights to dring a recovery protein shake. This aids in repairing the muscles and lessons pain the next day.  I have tweeked my workout routine, which will happen when we are planning our exercise around our life. My goal is to do 2-3 days per week of strength and 4-5 days per week of cardio for weight loss. Once I am at the maintenance point I will reduce to 3 days a week cardio and 2 days strength. This is what I have so far.

(revised 4/20/12)

Sunday = 1 hour Cardio #1/ 45 min total body strength training#1

Monday = 1 hour Zumba(cardio)#2  ...my class

Tuesdsay =1 hour willpower and grace (cardio)#3/ 45 min strength training#2

Wednesday = 1 hour Zumba (cardio)#4 my class

Thursday= 45 minute total body strength training

Friday= occassional Qigong class/or rest

Saturday=1 hour Zumba (cardio)#5..my class

flexibility -stretch after every workout

abs every other day

 I am starting QiGong tomorrow morning and really looking forward to it. I have tried videos in the past and have several books on it, but finally its offered in my neighborhood. If you are interested inbox me and I will share the class  information with you.  See you in class!

No comments:

Post a Comment