Thursday, May 10, 2012

New Dance Sneaker Review for Zumba Fitness

I recently bought new shoes for my Zumba classes. It has been a challenge to find the right shoe because God did not gift me with perfect feet to do all the dancing I do. My biggest pain for the last couple of years have been my feet. I absolutely have no arch and I have all the symptoms that come with having flat feet, so I need all the support I can get. My first pair of dance shoes were Capezio Fierce Dance sneakers.
My first experience wearing them in class was wonderful, meaning I felt like a real dancer the way they allowed me to flow and turn on the dance floor. But the pain that followed wasn't pleasant. For someone without foot problems they are a great affordable dance shoe. They are medium width so they are not that great if you need a wide width shoe and they have absolutely no arch support, which I need. After much research, I understood that Bloch Dance sneakers provide excellent arch support and with all the great benefits of a dance shoe. Perfect. I ordered two pair in white and silver.
 I must say it was a blessing to be able to walk with out pain after my Zumba classes. These shoes felt great. The only issue I had was that when I would do any type of athletic move other than dance like squats for example, it was difficult to have any grip on the floor. Slippy and slidey, great for twirling and swaying though! 
Recently I came across a review for the Skechers Danza Shoe.
Really it was the color more than anything that caught my eye first. I love pink and purple and wear a lot of it in class and would love to have a pair to match. But honestly I was just window (computer) shopping. After reading the review I decided to give then a try and the verdict is in on my Skechers Danza shoes! They are perfect....for me anyway! As I mentioned earlier, I have flat feet and need a lot of arch support. Capezio has absolutely none. Bloch has great support but not enough grip on the floor. These Skechers are not only cute and light weight but have perfect arch support. They allow me to slip and move across the floor, but have better grip than my Bloch for athletic moves like low squats without trying to force me to split :). Did I mention they are cute too.  Of course there are other shoes that would work great for dance fitness. Unfortunately it isn't my budget to try them all. But  would have loved to buy these first , I would have saved a lot of money.
I want to stress the importance of having the right shoe when deciding to do Zumba Fitness on a regular basis. It is very important to prevent workout injuries. I hope this review was helpful. Keep on sweating and see you on the dancefloor!!

 

Nefertiti Zumba
Click below for more reviews
Dance sneaker review 2

 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. I Zumba and jazzercise but have had to quit because I couldn't make my custom arch supports work with a dance shoe. I've tried using running shoes and my arch supports, but the running shoes make me feel clumsy when dancing.

    So I think I will give these a try. Thanks !

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will try the Sketchers Danza-- Thanks! I have been looking for a shoe that gives me good support as I too have flat feet and almost halfway through Zumba my arch starts to hurt.

    ReplyDelete